Looking through past issues of The Bay Times, old-time photographs were often submitted by local people who thought their family, friends, and neighbors might be interested in seeing themselves and loved ones from back in the day of one room school houses.
This first photo of Dominion School on Kent Island was taken on November 12, 1905, and includes such familiar local surnames as Severa, Tull, Thompson, Stevens, and Jones. The picture was originally provided to the Bay Times courtesy of Roy Golt.
Here’s another from the beginning of the 20th century. This photograph is of another Kent Island school which was located near the entrance of the Stevensville subdivision of Cloverfields.
This picture was taken sometime between 1910 and 1915 and was provided to the newspaper by Howard Walters and Jim Weston. Some names are missing from the group who posed in front of the “real old” Stevensville High School and…
View original post 92 more words